Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Trying to get pregnant mishaps

Ahhh, the wonderful world of trying to get pregnant.
So I decided I would look into trying that 'take your temperature each day' routine. Boy is that a load of crap!The theory is- when you ovulate, your temperature changes by half a degree. Okay, simple enough right? Not so much. My temperature readings were 98, then 98.2, then 97.1. So where is the consistency!? Half a degree from which temperature?!?! Point of story- that method is stupid!

At our first attempt, we were so good, We bought the best of the best prenatal vitamins and started those 3 or or 4 months before we planned to start trying like you are supposed to. We did the tracking thing. Bought the ovulation kit (you basically pee on a stick and it detects a surge in LH). We even took a romantic trip (although some sites don't recommend flying in the 1st and 3rd trimester but I don't think fertilzation time counts...). So all is well, right? Two weeks later I feel those girlie cramps. Not good. So I stressed about that so much it scared my period from even coming (sorry for the details boys). Are you kidding me?!?!? I went to the doc and the test was negative :( Oh the tears in the parking lot were flowing! So back to square one.

Of course everyone tells you not to think about it and then it will happen, but when you want something so bad, of course you can't stop thinking about it. Only 25% of couples get pregnant on their first try. Those stats stink! I will keep you posted.
Keep your fingers crossed!

3 Comments:

Blogger GA girl said...

i know this won't help, but don't stress about it. It will happen when it is supposed to. don't rush. You and Chuck-o are both young and have plenty of time ahead of you for kids. Enjoy the now. But if you need a sure fire method of getting knocked up, go get drunk and have a one night stand. that seems to work for LOTS of people.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents were given advice after trying to have children for 7 or 8 years - go into debt up to your eyes. Not the greatest scenario for preparing to have children...but it worked, I'm here. They took a loan and started building a house and my Mom was pregnant in no time. They barely finished the house before I was born. Or I agree with GA Girl...the drunken one night stand seems to be a method that works wonders. Or, another method - wait for a hurricane. We have tons of babies in the Orlando area conceived while waiting out Hurricane Charley!!

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much stress can actually prevent you from getting prego.

Relax, it will happen! :)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home