Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Thoughts to Ponder

Remember back when you were in grades K-12 all the different careers you wanted to be in?
I remember in elementary school that I wanted to be a lawyer (or maybe that’s what my family wanted). Oh- before that it was total ballerina (but you have to be like 4 ft 11 to make it in that biz!). As I got older I realized I couldn’t stand politics and all the related BS. Then all throughout middle school I wanted to be an accountant. Oh how I loved the monotony of that and the organization. But alas, I had no money and it just wasn’t fun to follow small change. So I scratched that idea. Through out K-12 I grew up w/ a friend named Tim Hill who has a degenerative case of Cp and or muscular dystrophy. He was my bud and I would protect him from the bullies. It was a cool friendship (I was bigger than everyone). I will skip all of the details. Anywho- he is what sparked my interest in special ed. That showed me I liked education. However, I hated the BS of the K-12 teachers who would show up unmotivated, late, drunk, were sleeping around- just not the environment for me. Then I saw higher ed, and like a fish- I was hooked.
That was my career journey. What was yours?

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Not so exciting for me. I went from architect to airman to chemical engineer to computer programmer.

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to be a vet, until I found out that you had to operate on animals!

I live my career by this quote I saw many years ago..." I don't know where I'm going, or how I'll get there. But, when I get there, I'll be there. And, that's something, even if it's nothing."

Which just means that I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I am working hard to find out! :)

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home