Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

JillandOleary.jpg


JillandOleary.jpg
Originally uploaded by drjeeeol
Today was the luncheon with the head coach- O'Leary.
It's funny, I don't get intimidated by the President of Poland or the Director of NASA, but I was nervous about O'Leary! The day started out with everything hitting the fan. As per our usual regime, I told the speaker to park in my Dean's reserved spot. However, my Dean had a prospective donor coming in (donors trump speakers...). So crap! Now I had to find some other plan for parking for the coach (and we all know how bad lunchtime parking is on campus!!!). So then, my Dean also lost his hangtag- so my back up plan of the service tag was out. Long story short, I had someone from Athletics agree to drive him over here and pick him up.

It was a really awesome luncheon. He was really personable. I learned that he has been married for 40 years. He has 4 kids. Oh- he made 4 guys who came in wearing baseball caps (indoors!) take off their hats. I like that about him. Two of his kids go to GA Tech. He used to coach for the Minnesota Vikings. He wore a cute knights sweater vest. He has 9 coaches under him. He is 62. Eighty-five of his athletes get full rides and he also takes in 25 walk-ins. He benched Kevin Smith at the last USF game b/c he missed a class. We talked about endorsements (how we use Addidas as opposed to Nike for example). I asked about recruiting and all sorts of stuff. It was a blast. Oh- then he asked us a trivia question- to name 10 body parts that are only 3 letters long (and none are bad words). Let me know if you want the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home