Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

camp update

Tonight I took 1/2 the students rock climbing. OMG I had sooo much fun.
This is such a supportive group that I felt Like I was at the ultimate AA meeting. They each cheered for one another and all of the girls kicked butt. I took a billion pics. I can't wait to see them tomorrow. Then one of the TAs joined us. All of the girls have a crush on this one TA so they were thrilled to have him join us in his work out clothes. So when he got to the top of the tower, I gathered all the girls (and even a guy or two) and told them that we were going to make him blush & be his cheerleader. When he got 80% to the top, on the count of three I had them all yell "GO Casey!" You could see him turn red from far below! That made him fall off the tower a bit but it was so cute! The girls were also thrilled that our 3 instructors were all good looking guys as well. I had fun teasing the TA telling him that the lead instructor not only made it to the top of the tower, but he went up and over as well (he has really never gone with us- and you can't go over it!). This group totally schooled last years group at rock climbing.

The other comp sci camp was in the dorm this afternoon when I swung by while mine were in class. They had some outdoor sport activity going on and got rained on and were all wet trying to do an indoor sport game. I walked in and their director asked me "Well where are your kids?" Um hello- its a school day- they are in class, not doing PE in the middle of the day. He sounded as if I had misplaced all of my kids. There is a bit of a competition between me and the other director but my camp can so totally kick his camps butt- no contest. As I left, I then through in how my kids were goin rock climbing after class in the AC- and his kids were all like 'aww man- why arn't we rock climbing. BoooYa! That's right. My camp rocks, that is why.

So I also tried out Guitar Hero in the dorm while they were in class. Umm yeah- I suck. MC however kicked butt! Now lets talk about MC. I cannot begin to tell you how much I have lucked out w/ my prog asst selection twice now. It is so nice to look forward to go to work so you can hang with the people you work with- b/c you WANT to. If I am not at work- I call her and vice versa b/c we can't wait the 10 hours to tell each other something the next day. That rocks. Same goes for my IT guys and advising crew.

Oh, the wedding I was supposed to do today got canceled. Nuts.
Another interesting tidbit. That horrible plane crash in Sanford- Chaz coworkers bro lived next door to the house that the plane hit the roof on. It missed their house by only 2 feet- and in that room was the sleeping nephew. Geeeez.

In other news, my stud. asst who I hired on for the summer through my grant, I worked it out w/ the school to have her as my intern for the fall. Rock on. She is an AD/PR minor (Dig Media major) so I am going to have her help design brochures, luncheon advertisements, , videos, etc and work in conjunction w/ the media relations dept for some connections for her. That worked out pretty well.

Tonight we were able to show pete n bethany the kitchen and go to dinner w/ them at quiznos. We talked cars and also the big hiring freeze etc at school. It was nice to catch up with them.
Oh- yesterday on my drive home I saw a huge house fire in the distance on a street called Beasley. The whole center of the house caved in. Ouch. I wonder what the cause was.
I am off to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Damn YaNCkee said...

Guitar Hero rocks. I love that game! You should see my nephews play it...on expert and everything. Pete and Bethany are still together?!?

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaw! Hee hee, thanks! I love working here with you at the BHC!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home