Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Quick update

I have my first class tomorrow. I'm a nerd and thought it would be nice to email the 25 students in my class and welcome them, give them my bio, tell them where to purchase their texts, etc. Sigh- no one has responded back. I'm a such a loser! Oh well. After work I am meeting with my two teaching assistants for that class. I have never met them before. I have a guy and a girl. TAs are awesome but I am such a do-it-yourselfer it is always hard for me to give tasks to other people b/c I like to be a perfectionist- but by golly I will try! One of the requirements for the class is 10 hours of community service that relates to the environment so I am gonna incorporate Nicole's peeps from Back to Nature. She should like that! They will come in w/ an animal, talk about the impact of all of the devil waterford lakes development misplacing all of these animals into the street and in turn, get hit by cars, etc. Then they will get like 15 options of ways to volunteer with them based on their strengths. Thats my plan so far.
Its the 1st week of classes so the lots are full by 8:10am so I have been getting here at like 7:50 to get a close spot. I have tons of luncheons coming up starting first w/ a female FBI agent. I'd tell you more about her but then I'd have to kill you. J/K. Lots of brilliant peeps coming in so that will be interesting. That is always my fav part of the job.

We are also workin on our 10 Yr Anniversary celebration as a college- we will have some big shin dig in March. There is also the brick legacy program, 1 billion events scheduled through our student org, we have film series going, things happening in the tower, alumni events, tickets for cultural events, etc. Lots of action. I had to spend the morning trying to fix a grant funding mishap where our money person was supposed to be paying for my summer program through a specific grant account and was using the wrong one. That was fun to figure out. Not. It's cleaned up though.

What else is going on....? I am now addicted to that show called Survivorman. Oh, an AC unit typically lasts about 15 years. Ours is 15.8 Sigh. So soon we will start shopping for an AC unit. That bites. More later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Damn YaNCkee said...

Please keep me updated on the TBHC 10-year Anniversary stuff. I will come down for that!!! Do you have any contact info for Dr. Stearman? What is she up to lately? I want to write to her.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Dr.Jeeeol said...

Her email addy is still Stearman@mail.ucf.edu and she is teaching anthro still and has a pimp house built in Bolivia :)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home