Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Canoeing


IMG_4023
Originally uploaded by drjeeeol.
I went on the best camping trip I have been on in years!
We got an invite from Andrew & his wife to join him & his wife, her bro and his girlfriend. We were gonna go to Kelly Park but they were full since it was the most awesome weather ever…So Andrew called around and found the best kept secret and it was only about 4 miles from here! Literally- it is right off of 50 hidden behind this RV place. We were the ONLY people there which meant we could bring drinks, be as loud as we want, and take up all of the room. At the front of the place they even had restrooms. Sweeet.
The site for 6 people was about $36 I believe. Then we also rented their canoes.
So how fabulous is this- I didn’t have to do any of the planning and organizing. I didn’t have to drive. I didn’t even have to bring my tent or food even. Andrew took care of all of that. We had drinks duty- that’s it.
We got there, set up tents ( we shared w/ Andrew in his mini tent mansion). They cooked us all burgers and dogs for lunch. Then we went canoeing. That was an adventure- You had to maneuver the canoes into crazy angles to get through/under/over trees and such. Perfect scene for a scary movie. Andrew got tipped by his wife which is funny b/c he is the most experienced of the group. After canoes we hung out then Andrew cooked us all chicken and potatoes for dinner. They are hard core campers- cooking everything on site- they also had a clothes line and a water dispenser hung from a tree. We played cards for hours and made sure not to get dehydrated… ;) We roasted marshmallows. We got to use our new sleeping bags finally (I think they were a wedding present) and let me just tell you- it was the best nights sleep that I can recall. Between the fuzzy goodness of my sleeping bag and the firm air mattress and the cold air- I was in heaven.

We came back today around noon. My arms are sore from canoeing. We met Nic for lunch then went & bought the Monday morning breakfast for work. What a lovely weekend. More soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Those canoe & camping trip pics look awesome.

We'll have to explore the new hidden treasure camp site that you found!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home