Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The realities of pregnancy that they try to keep secret


IMG_3813
Originally uploaded by drjeeeol
Ladies- here arethe thingsthey don't tell you about pregnancy.
For me, my feet/legs swell up. Not constantly. Mostly when I am at home. This pick was taken at the worst part. I normally have skinny feet and boney ankles. Where are my ankles? I do not know. I saw them briefly this week. Oh- and when you swell- mosquitos LOVE you and think you are their home. I was told how I simply must by compression hose/socks. It's just like buying pantyhose- you look on the bag and line up your height and weight. Mind you I am still 30 pounds before the next size up and look what the socks did to me! Plus the top of the foot is a lovely shade of red which hurts to the touch when it gets like that. I only wear flip flops now but its FL so thats fine.

Andrew (whose wife works in the NICU where we are delivering at) said his wife gained 40 pounds each time she was pregnant. He said therefore I can gain 120! Technically I can swallow my sister! So far I am right on track w/ 60 pounds (aka a Golden Retriever). No biggie.

Oh- the other thing no one else talks about. So when I am laying down, I think one of the kids rests on some nerve. I can bend my knee just fine but the part where the leg meets the body- I can't lift that at night. You know the brain is specifically telling the leg to move, yet it won't. Weird. That makes it hard to roll over to pee at night.

However, the best part all pun put aside, is the belly. It is flippin awesome to watch people move in your belly in different directions. This will probably be my only chance to take that in and boy do I eat that up. LOVE IT!!! Absolute best part of pregnancy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I hurt from laughing on this one!! Thank God you are doing so good especially to be having triplets. I gotta say, I think we all enjoy the belly and its funny movements.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your writings about this. Since I can't see any part of it, and I am missing out on the whole deal, I love being able to catch up on things by reading your thoughts. So, for my sanity, keep on writing!
-Amy

6:20 AM  
Blogger ugottalovemonie said...

And this is why I am choosing not to have children, but to instead just enjoy the three you worked so hard for. (That is until they get annoying, and then I can go home lol
-Simone

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home