Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Milked by the vet

Today was the annual vet trip. Instead of lunch I took my boys to the vet. Both dogs wanted out of the car at the SAME time, and of course my door- so when I went to grab Tiger's leash- I got total rope burn on the PALM of my hand. EEEiiiee! This vet is fabulous though. Monkee was even giving him face kisses (intermittently after hiding behind me....). Tiger was the star of the show of course. We are in a little room w/ the vet doctor and 2 technicians. We are all sitting on the floor. The doc is trying to administer the shots to Monkee when Tiger nudges his arm up and crawls onto his lap to watch what is being done to Monkee. Then of course they called everyone in to see how Tiger likes to sit up and hold peoples hands. Monkee decided to show off and stand on his hind legs.
So let us not even discuss the costs of the vet. A year supply of heartworm pills is a killer. Goodness. Of course, both my boys are in the largest size option! Are those safe to shop online for?....There has got to be better deals out there.
So 7 year old Monkee weighed in at 55.5 pounds. Tiger (3 ½) weighed in at 83.8 pounds.
If I had an extra limb and the camera on me I would have had to of taken pics for you all. They were quiet the handful though- the technicians had to put the receipts and pills in my pants for me since I had no free hands.
My heart goes out to GA Girl who has to take 4 animals to the vet!

5 Comments:

Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

When I worked for a vet for that few weeks last summer, they would not help customers order the heartworm meds online. The customer could pay for the prescription and then send it off to the company, but the vet would not provide the script directly to the vendor. The reason was (so they say) that they have no way of knowing where they are getting their supplies from, which means it could be some third world country that doesn't have the same standards we do.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that vet is expesive!! But, SO convenient!

I have to bring the cats in this month.

Not looking forward to that bill!

I have ordered some meds on line, but not heartworm. Do you need a persription for that?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Dr.Jeeeol said...

Appears that the heartworm pill is also a flea preventative. Sweet!

This vet passed the Monkee test. He spent lots of time with him, received Monkee kisses, and remembers his as Hemotoma ear dog. I'm sold!I am going to invite him to a luncheon and try to set up internships for my kids.

10:42 AM  
Blogger GA girl said...

Jill, Rufus has to have 2 heartworm pills a month since he outweighs the amount. He has one big one, and one of the little ones. Soon, he will be on one big one and one medium size one. he's upto 140 now. My handsome man is putting on meat. But he's so pretty. So, my mom is in town, right? Well, Madge has decided she no longer likes her. She HISSES at mom when she tries to walk past MAdge, and she won't let mom touch her. My girl is moody. Poor fat lonely cat.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

personal alarmhttp://www.alarmmonitorsecurity.infoI don't want yes men around me, i want people who will tell me the truth, even if it costs their job.personal alarm

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home