Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Friday, December 15, 2006

I am going on baby hiatus/strike

Yesterday I had my annual ob/gyn exam. It sucked. It doesn't help to be surrounded in that waiting room w/ 15 very pregnant people when you are trying not to think about getting pregnant. There were people there that should not be having kids (or pets for that matter). Waiting naked in a room surrounded by baby pics sux even more.
Knowing the test is gonna come back negative again but hoping your wrong only to find out your not sux as well.

I thought I was doing a good job about not thinking about it but its hard when people keep asking you or bringing it up.
And get this- I got my first freaking white hair. Are you kidding me with this? Oh I am not liking the 30s.

So the doc told me once I get my period, I should go on the 21st day after it starts to Quest Diagnostics for blood work or whatever. I might not be ovulating. How the heck does that happen? It showed that I was on Nov. 5th... Granted it was after a 58 day period hiatus. But if I am not ovulating, how did I get that positive result on the ovulation test? WTF? So now I am just confused. Maybe I should go to a different doc b/c I left there with no answers. I gave him my 5 page print out of the basal temperature readings and all that mapping crap. I have to wait till a next period? Where is the plan of action? That period could be another 58 days for all I know then its 21 days on top of that then however long it takes them to get the results from that....thats a freakin semester away to just get a possible answer.

Oh- and me who never cries- I did at the office. Where the heck did that come from? I don't do that girly crap! Schnikes.

So I am bummed. I wanted to have the big announcement at my doctoral commencement when I had the whole family here. That didn't happen. So then I figured I could do it at Charles graduation when everyone was together. That didn't happen. Then I thought I could do it at Thanksgiving. That didn't happen. So surely I thought for x-mas..no luck. So much for being able to do it when all the fam is together. So then I got to work and Em, Mike, Andrew (& Nic/Ot) were all out. It was lonely, and my eyes started to leak at work. Are you kidding me with that? I dont do that sort of stuff. And twice in 1 day in public? Oh hell no! Madi almost passed out when she saw that!

I go home and watch TV so not to think about it. I watch Scrubs where Carla had a baby and JD is expecting one. Schnikes- I can't even watch TV now!

So what does this mean? It means I am throwing in the towel. I am done. I want to think about it no more. I will hop on the wave of the next wave of people who have kids. I don't want to think about it no more. I want to put it off till the end of next semester or something.
That is my story.
I am done.
No comments needed b/c I am not thinking about it- starting now.
:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to chime in that not thinking about it is probably exactly the right thing to do;>

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home