Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How I found out

On Thursday, March 27th at around 1am- I woke up and just knew. Mt grandmother, who I was very close to, came to me in a dream and said "Jill, this time it worked." So I went to work and rushed home and took the test, and low and behold, the pregnancy test was positive. Well for TWO years I knew how I was going to tell Chaz. I ordered these fortune cookies and hid them in my drawer all this time- I had no idea if my message was actually in it or if they were blank. So I called up Chaz and asked if he wanted me to pick up Chinese food for dinner and he agreed. We were eating dinner, then he opened the cookie and casually glanced at it- only to notice he thought he saw his name (granted- he was thinking 'man this place is goood!"). We were thrilled. I took another test and again it was positive. I had a doc appt the next morning to really confirm it via blood test and it did!

IMG_1960

Later that Friday, my entire family came up b/c this is where my nephew Ben wanted to have his bday party (normally we are only all able to get together at Xmas). After I told Chaz Thursday night we went to the store and bought a shirt and iron on letters and made Ben a shirt. We had him open that gift last. My sister was the 1st one to get it. It was so quiet while the rest of the family processed it- they knew but they didn't want to mistakenly say anything that might upset us! My Dad was in such shock- he didn't even want me to carry in Ben's bday cake!

IMG_1964

The following weekend, we drove to Chaz folks house. We have been telling them we would get them a ucfLicense plate (ironically they dont make ones that read grandparent), so we got them that and two shirts to 'wear to the tailgates' and they read Proud to be a ucf Grandparent." They were psyched.

Then we started telling friends, and yesterday we told the office.

Norburn Triplets
Ironically, it is like my dog Monkee knows. Yeah- I know that sounds silly but seriously- 1st he jumped onto the bed just to give me a kiss while I was sleeping then jumped down. When I go to pee, he goes with me and gives me a kiss on the knee. He has been freakishly sweet and loving. I don't know- I think he knows.

3 Comments:

Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Dogs have a 6th sense about these things, you know?

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Carmie used to snuggle next to my pregnant tummy at night! Sometimes Caitlin would be kicking in my stomach at the exact time Carmie would need to go outside in the middle of the night. I think they were in sync before Caitlin was even born!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool that you had that cookie for like 2 years! Bet it was a bit stale, but who cares. I love this story.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home