Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Friday, November 21, 2008

math

When I feed the triplets with Charles, it can take anywhere from 45 min to 1.5 hours. By myself it is 2 hours.

Hypothetically, lets do some math:

Kids eat every 3 to 4 hours so lets gingerally go with the later (2 hours x 6 feedings) = 12 HOURS.

Then I have to pump and clean the pump & replenish the bottles so min of 30 minutes every 3 to 4 hours = 3 to 4 HOURS

Now lets talk diapers. I'll LOW ball this one. Lets say the diaper gets changed after every meal (6 to 8 meals a day x 3 kids) = min of 54 diapers a day. Each diaper change takes about 5 min including outfir change if neccesary...That's about 4.5 HOURS.

On to laundry. At least one load a day and putting it away. I'll just go with 20 MINUTES. I'll skip the garbage (by the way- the Diaper Champ is awesome!).

Bottles. After each feeding and pumping, I have to wash/sterilze them to reuse them. Thats about a min of 5 min each time if hurried so I'll just say 45 MIN.

We will skip bath time since that isn't daily. Then there is clean up time but that varies.
Uhm....we are at about 21 hours in a 24 hour day. Hmmmm. I shouldnt be this sane. Oh- & for each doc appt, you have to do the paperwork 3 times. It was like writing a novel!

So it sounds crazy but it is really, really doable. The worst part is pumping but that is my time for blogs, email, uploading pics. I also work a few hours from home.Anywho, so far so good. I still shower. I have cut out the daily scooping of the dog poo, vacuuming (ugh that urks me), & my daily yard work routine. I still get to watch all my shows I have recorded when feeding the kids. I still get snuggle time in with the kids. The secret is routine, organization, & cleanliness. I notice the frustrations rise when mess starts up. Lack of sleep occassionally is the toughest. Next week we will start interviewing help.I have a dozen apps so far to review & asked for them to all be in by next Friday.

2 Comments:

Blogger pyjammy pam said...

ah yes...those days....i can't say i miss them too much. but i hope you mean 24 diapers a day, not 54! ack!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

You guys amaze me. I don't know how you are doing it all!

Speaking of, I'd like to bring some meals by. I waiting till you were past the "no visitors due to germies" stage (since I've got kiddos at home, I may carry more than the average joe).

Also - I've been doing a lot more pro photography lately. I'd love the opportunity to do a shoot for you - no cost, of course. Let me know if you are interested!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home