Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Midterm madness

It is so hard to blog when Skygirl has so much cooler things to blog about! And pictures!
So it is midterm time at school. I now realize how much it stinks to cram 16 weeks of class into 6 weeks.
I have so many projects to do over the next 2 or 3 weekends (I shouldn't complain- Chuckstar has way more HW than I do).
So you know when you go to class how there is always that ONE student that weirds everyone out and no one likes.
Low and behold she gets put in my group. Son of a gun.
Last nights class got off topic and started talking about the death penalty and we took a class poll and most of the class is pro death penalty.
I don't understand the others- I mean if someone brutally raped/sodomized and killed your mom, sibling, or spouse- wouldn't you want them punished rather than living for free and be provided with TV, free meals, and shelter that your tax money is buying? I just don't get it.
It is crunch time at work- we have our ginormous orientation next week that is consuming up our entire staffs time. We have 8 or 900 people attend this event so it has to be a stellar show.
Between that and the summer program coming up- it is just sucking up all the hours in the day. But I love it. I hear I am getting a work laptop so I have access all the time from all my various events and summer programs. How awesome is that!
There is a class I would like to teach at SCC but apparently I have to get Myers-Briggs certified. I looked online for training and it ranged from $200-1600. :o
More soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger GA girl said...

$200 is not soo bad. $1600 is OUCHY! I had to order my books for school this morning, and the book I need for this semester is backordered. All I can say is, I hope it comes in in time.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Dr.Jeeeol said...

www.half.com has great prices on books. Don't 4get to check them each semester.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

That is a huge range for classes...wonder why?

I would be all for getting rid of the death penalty IF there was an alternative punishment to life in prison. I'm more for getting some sort of research going on the type of criminals that commit random violent acts. I did a research paper for one of my comp classes at UCF on the pros and cons of the death penalty, and the pros didn't outway the cons. The biggest con was that the main reason feel they are in favor of the death penalty is just as you described, they want that person to pay with his life for what he did to their loved one, but in actuality, that criminal's death does little to ease their pain or provide the closure they thought it would. I can't say for sure that had anything to do with the opinions of those in your class, but maybe;>

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home