Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Today's winner....

Ah- today's winner on crazy parent email/call.

Let me set the background info for you first.

I run a 3 week technical summer camp. We take the students on trips, often working it out w/ CEOs to get behind the scene tours on how their technology works.
Here is one of the parents responses in regards to our field trips:

"If you sent my kids to natural places in Florida similar to Ocala National
Forest, which seem to be disappearing, rather than Theme Parks which are
appearing, I might be more interested. Nature-deficit disorder is alive and
growing in our children. We need gifted adults to help fight this growing
problem, not to bring us more theme parks.
Thanks anyway,"

So joy. Let me add to my list of ailments Nature-deficit disorder, which apparently triggers my Tourette Syndrome by the way.

So I explained to her the academic componet of the program (duh) and how we have discussed the possibility of trips to nature parks however - as a committee, we all felt it did not align with the academic component of our program- nor did the committee want to take 3o high schoolers during the hottest month of the year to a place that offers no shelter when there is an 85% chance of rain each day.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get a tuition waiver for my new disorder......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHOOT!! That's crazy! You always seem to get them!! How you don't reach through the phone and slap these people is beyond me!!

ieeeee

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home