Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

And the winners are.....

Each day I get at least 1 really out there phone call. Todays winner was a real special case. Here is an excerpt:
Her: I heard you have a summer camp.
Me. Why yes. We offer a three week residential computer science summer camp for students between the ages of 13-17.. The dates are July 8-28. Students learn all about Java programming and get to select an elective of either web development or cryptography.
Her: When is the program?
Me: The program is July 8-28.
Her: Is it a 5 day program?
Me: No, it is a 21 day program that lasts from July 8-28.
Her: What do the students learn?
Me: Students learn all about Java programming and get to select an elective of either web development or cryptography.
Her: In one week?
Me: No, over the 21 days that they are here living on campus from July 8-28.
Her: So she can live at home with me?
Me: No, it is a 3 week residential program.
Her: What other summer camps do you offer?
Me: I do not offer any other summer camps. Just the computer science one.
Her: But what other ones do you have?
Me: None. I have seen other camps such as cheerleading and soccer for younger kids held here on the campus at the same time but i do not have anything to do with those?
Her: What about science?
Me: I do not offer a science summer camp, just the computer science summer camp.
Her: What about english?
Me: I do not offer any other summer camps other than the computer science one.
Her: What were the dates?
Me: The dates are still July 8-28, 2007. We also have a grant that would cover all costs for females in FL to attend, excluding meals though.
Her: Oh I am interested. I have two daughters not one. How old do you have to be?
Me: Our youngest student would be 13.
Her: So can my 11 year old girl.
Me: (sending an IM to MC to pull the fire alarm or something so I can get off the phone!) Yes, your 11 year old can attend- in three years.

Come on! Are you kidding me?

The runner up today was when I called Winnie Palmer hospital to confirm visiting hours and what not for Nicole's C section tonight:

Me: Hello, my friends is scheduled to have a C-section there at 6;30 tonight. I would like to confirm what the visiting hours are and also to verify if we will be allowed to view the baby from a window.
Her: What is the room number?
Me: She is scheduled for 6:30 and not going to check in till 4:30. I just want to confirm visiting hours
Her: What is the last name?
Me: They are not checked in yet. I just want to know about visiting hours and the baby viewing window.
Her: Why don't you just come tomorrow?
Me: Because she is having the baby today and this is what people do.
Her: You should just come tomorrow.

-Click-

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? I got hung up on by the baby people. WTF!?!?!?
So I called Andrew's wife. She said there is a baby window and she thinks visiting hours are till 9 so I am just gonna show up at 6:30.

What is wrong with people!!?!?!?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

That lady from the first call is bonkers. How is it people grow up to be so dense? Scary to know she has two daughters.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home