Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Monday, April 16, 2007

Work related stuff

Many interesting questions came up at work today.
I over see this grant in particular. Regarding that- it covers housing and tuition costs for females and minorities not typically represented in the comp sci field. Okay no brainer. I had 1 parent call to inquire what percentage of Cherokee does one need to be in order to qualify. I think if you have to ask, chances are you do not qualify....
I also had to read up on the disability statutes (to be eligible you either have to have 2 disabilities i.e LD and physical or just 1 and be in a labeled gifted program). Do you have any idea what a pain in the rear it is to locate this info? Geeeez.The phone has been ringing off the hook about the program. The most unusual name of a parent I had though was today- her name was (you ready for this?) Eloquocy. Very unusual.

Today I also had a student org advisor meeting w/ the university attorney to discuss liability issues. They asked that the 20 people who RSVPd to send in questions for the attorney to answer. Of the 18 questions, 15 of them were mine. Others couldn't think of questions. Are you kidding me? Geeez. Basically what we learned was that as an advisor, we can easily be sued and not get backed by the university. Oh joy.

It was a long day.
PW called and said he'd pick my crew up for lunch off campus. That was a 1st in 6 years so we went.

Tomorrow night Nicole is getting a C section at 6:30. That is gonna be cool.
Those are my updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home