Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

You have got to be kidding me- Oh how I hate stupid people!!!

So today was one of those days.
At 4:15, I literally got up and left work so I wouldn't do or say anything that would get me fired.

I now understand why my folks are not people persons. It is b/c people suck.
So here is the abridged version.
I have spent months LABORING over grant stuff. The process that goes into grant writing to get even small amounts of money from the Dept Of Ed is a bear. Tons of writing, research, contacting, coordinating w/ various depts, signatures, budgeting, legalities- etc. Dont get me started.
So I attained a grant for the 2nd year in a row.
It covers all females and minorities in Fl HSs OR anyone (including white males) from one of the 33 rural county school districts in FL. I dont make that up- DOE does.

So I get this one parent who has been asking questions via email and I have politely answered them all. We are getting so many calls I just want to unplug the phone!

Well b/c his kid is not eligible for the grant (white male in Broward)- he has the odacity to freakin say that my program is racist and discriminates against males. Um hello- I am white. So this week I was told that I have nature deficit disorder and now I am also racist against whites. OH WAIT- here is the icing on the cake. In his retarded racist calling letter he also CCd the VPs of the University. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!? He tried to pull the crap of saying that my facts were not straight b/c ucf is 54% female and there for his son is a minority and hence I am discriminating against him. Um hello- it is a computer science summer camp and the grant is to recruit underrepresented populations in computer science and our ucf comp sci program is actually 90% males and 71% caucasian. I was livid.

What is up w/ my luck of late? I was so pissed I couldn't work on my final so I will have to do that this weekend- I guess in between when I cut down all the trees and attend my black panthers meetings where I make my I Hate White males posters.....Where do I find the time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly, the man is an idiot!

Don't let this one jerk destroy all of the good that you have done with the camp and for those students!

Maybe you could do a trip to Blue Springs to go canoeing? That would be eco-friendly?

Or, you could take them all out to Back to Nature to see the critters! :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger MicroWorkers Clone Script said...

I hate white males posters? What's that abot?

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home