Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What a story

So I caught the tail end of a Kelly Ripa Biography and get this- her sister was 8 months pregnant and got hit by a teenage drunk driver.
While the crash left the drunk driver with minor injuries, her sister Linda and the baby she was carrying had absorbed almost all of the impact. Linda's nose was broken, her sternum was broken in several places, her back was broken in three places, her pelvis was broken in five places and the bones of her right ankle and foot were so shattered that they had twisted around to the inside of her leg. Worse yet, her unborn child went into a coma in utero because Linda's broken pelvic bones smashed into his head. I Googled it for more info: http://www.madd.org/news/0,1056,2549,00.html

It talks about how ridiculous the court system was and tried protecting the teenager and blaming the Linda b/c it 'wouldn't have happened if she had not been out driving at that time or at that intersection.' WHAAAT!?!

So if you think you are having a bad day- think about her.

2 Comments:

Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Well, I did feel compelled to read the story, but man I wish you had said that the baby was born and survived the coma. I was almost too afraid to read the story.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! That's an awful story!!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home