Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Let the madness begin

So yesterday I was totally fine with this while Chaz was in freak out. Today we have reversed!
I have made lots of new friends (even thru Flickr) w/ people who have triplets. What I am most unsure about is the work situation. Of course, everyone says I should stay home but seriously- hello?! We will have three kids...financially that just seems stupid to me. Plus no one before me at my work has had kids while working there so I have noooo idea how this will work. Granted, I have like 5 or 6 months of annual/sick leave accrued. But if I get a bed sentence at like 5 months....that will eat most of that time....

My other pondering thought is how the heck do you put three babies to bed? I assumed in one crib with those cool dividers I saw online....but wont they grow out of that set up in like 4 months (really- we are both tall!). So would it be wiser to just get two cribs? And if they are the cribs that are convertable to beds, if I have two but 3 kids, one kid gets screwed later! I am so going to have to figure this out with the Moms of Multiples support group I guess.

Then their is the question of feeding. I have two 'feeders.' Three kids. You do the math. This is where people tell me you rotate...okay seriously?! You cant produce that much all at once. I've got a couple of ideas on this after talking with people. Oh- I have also been told that I can fit 3 car seats in one row of my car. Cool.

Then we were pricing the FL Pre Paid. Keep in mind, that is times 3 (again, the whole job thing comes in to play). Hmmmm.

Anywho- you know, twins are usually the popular ones in school- imagine for triplets. Everyone will know them. That rocks. They can so dominate the playground ;)

Either way, I am psyched. I just want to have everything planned out and done way ahead of time.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! I am SOOO happy for you guys - you are going to make AMAZING parents!

Just a few notes on your post -

1. I have no idea about the beds. I can tell you that most babes sleep bunched up for a while and I know multiples like being near each other. I say, take it one day at a time and see what your kids prefer (it doesn't take long to figure it out). It would suck to buy three cribs and not need them for a while, and you can always buy more later if you need them. You may have three that want to sleep ON each other, two that like each other and one that likes to be alone or three that can't stand to be touched. Every kiddo is different.

ON the feeding? Your boobs will produce as much milk as is necessary to feed your children according to whatever feeding schedule you and the babes set up. If you are feeding round the clock, your boobs will produce. But geez, having breastfed (two that were ATTACHED CONSTANTLY), bfing two seems awfully overwhelming (even for me - a huge bfing advocate!). I would urge you though that even if you decide to use formula, to breastfeed for a few weeks, just to give yourself the experience and the babes the good stuff (even one day makes a difference for them in the long run). I supplemented a LOT, so that's an option too - whatever works for you and your family.

And working. Ugh. Hard choices, already, no? Do consider the cost of childcare (at 200$ a week a piece, plus the cost of working - you know meals, gas, a higher tax bracket etc), many times you'll find it's not REALLY that much of a difference in the end. The tax breaks for kids are MONDO and make a huge difference. And I can tell you that parenting three and working full time is hard on a body, and the mind. (And mine aren't even the same ages!) Do what's right for you, but know that it's not as hard to stay home as one initially thinks. Although to be truthful, I'd go nuts to be home constantly - but being away 30-50 hours a week is very hard. I'm settling on part time and that works for me.


Gosh, I wish you guys luck in the coming months. Parenting means lots of decisions - hard and easy but the good news is that there's this magic gene that switches and you really do get a light that kind of leads you in the right direction for your family - just trust your instincts, don't be afraid to be human (which means screwing up occasionally) and try as hard as you can to find the good each step of the way. It's hard, but oh so worth it!

Love you guys - if there's anything you need (or just to cry at 2 am cause dude. you get sick of puking and want to know it's over.) feel free to call!

12:35 PM  
Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Don't worry about the feeding thing, it's a "supply and demand" system...the more they need, the more your body will make. I think you should get the cool corner cribs and three of them at that!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could offer some help here sweetie but you no I'm clueless w/ this stuff. What I can tell you is that I'm psyched to come and photograph the BELLY whenever you're ready! You'll figure the rest out with time....you ALWAYS do. I have no worries about your level of preparedness.

Kisses

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps. You need to update your profile!! YAY!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Damn YaNCkee said...

Hmmmm. Ultimately, you should do whatever feels right and works the best for you and your family. My experience has been up and down - I've worked most of the time with my kids. I've found the most ideal situation for me was working part-time. I felt it was the best balance (for me) between working and being with adults and having time for my children and family. It's so hard to leave the babies and go back to work! Man, I'm really excited for you!

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a toot! I think the moms were right, and 3 beds is the way to go! As for feeding, all the moms I sit for who have multiples say that you will spend half of your life using a breast pump. This way you can feed 2 and Daddio can feed one. When it comes to work, its going to cost so much in childcare, you might as well stop until they can go to preschool. I would consider taking 2 years off and then putting them in a preschool and going back to work--as much as this might kill you!! My other suggestion would be to only work part-time, in which case you can get a nanny--and with the job market being bad, who knows! I may not have a job! =)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home