Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

The evil crib(s) shopping experience

So this weekend my goal was to buy the cribs. Oh how I have been looking forward to this!!! Boy was I wrong! I thought it wouyld be easy. We found the cribs we wanted about a month ago. Keep in mind, with 3 cribs and a changing table, rocker and bookcase, we need specific measurements (ideally a width of no more than 54"). We can't get any of the cribs with the ornate curved wordworks that takes up an additional 3-4 inches per crib (by the way- that is like 95% of the cribs out there). We want white cribs (to make the new crown molding really pop). The crib we really want is the Legacy 29001 http://www.albeebaby.com/le29cocr.html which we found at Kids Corner. So we go there and they stopped selling them dut to some madness about the maker sold their company to someone. Oh- I also found it on that attached weblink which is where I was really going to buy it from and they don't have any white ones in stock. I will call them on Monday. As a back up I liked this one http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=3250281&productID=1215&tab=dimensions&CategoryID=&subCatID=87 but it is 57 inches.... We went to every baby store in town. A real interesting experience was at Crib 4 Life. They have a great product but I hated the store experience. I had already seen the video of how everything there works. Granted- it is the coolest stuff out there. But before they even let you in, you have to listen to their schpeel. There are no prices on anything (usually my 1st sign to run). They had specif stuff they wanted us to buy. I saw a crib I liked and asked them about it which their response was "That one is crap, we won't sell that one to anyone." Seriously?!?!? Why is it on their floor then? I told them I want white and they replied with "boys can't do white." Excuse me? Whenever we asked how much a dresser was the response was "oh we will work out a deal for you." I got one quote for a package deal for them and it was like a grand more than everywhere else. They do have really nice stuff and they deliver and assemble super fast but we won't be purchasing from there. We found this one place called Kids Quarters and walked up to the door- from the outside it looked cool- they had the beds with slides and what not and we get to the door and there is a big ole orange Bankruptcy sign on the door. Sigh.

The 1 store had the display model of the crib I want but we need 3. People have suggested that I just buy the really cheap $100 cribs which I understand, but I have always wanted a nursery and with three at once, this might be my only chance. I don't want to walk in there everytime and I wish I bought slightly better stuff, you know? I took a summer job that starts in 2 weeks teaching for 6 weeks which will cover the costs of all the furniture.

So that is my furniture update. I've got nothing!

7 Comments:

Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Baby cribs...I've got nothing for ya either...hope you guys find something though!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Sorry you had such a bad experience! The furniture at Cribs 4 life is called "Baby Dream" furniture and it is also sold at USA Baby Orlando and some other stores - www.babysdream.com

1:38 PM  
Blogger pyjammy pam said...

yeah, finding smallish cribs in white isn't easy! but since we did have to stick to the cheaper ones, i didn't have too hard of a time. i really love the jenny lind style cribs. thank goodness they're cheap! :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger ugottalovemonie said...

The Legacy 29001 is a hilarious name for a crib. It sounds like a car or computer or something ritzy and fancy. Good luck finding three of them in white!!
-Simone

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about the "perfect" cribs. Once the babies are in the nursery, you will not be looking at the cribs any more. You will only be looking at the beautiful babies! :)

If you have the $$, buy the ones that you want. If not, go with the cheaper ones!

Either way, you'll be looking at the babies!

5:33 PM  
Blogger GA girl said...

Hey girlie! Dang, when you update, you really update! I think you should knit them all hammocks and have a jungle room theme. You can dangle little monkeys from the edge of the hammocks and easily rock them to sleep at night. It'll be cool, almost as cool as living in a bus. Just an idea, but I think you should give it some thought...

11:41 PM  
Blogger GA girl said...

You didn't give the hammocks anythought at all, did you?

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home