Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Todays Doc Appt Update (10 weeks 5 days)

Today was a very interesting day thus far. I was sooo excited about this appointment and doing an ultrasound/sonogram. Didn't happen :( Apparently since I have so many babies they want me to have the super special machine to do it at Winnie Palmer. Nuts. But I had all the blood work done (they took FIVE vials of blood!!!). Let's just say that this was a very eye opening appt. Here is what I learned:
*I am basically considered their highest of high risk. Oh Joy. Just b/c of the # of babies.
*I am on the accelerated track. They are hoping for me to make it to 34 weeks. 30-32 is more common. Sigh- good bye Homecoming Week :(
*We will prob find out genders at 18 weeks.
*Our doc said they only do that 3D imaging thing for no more than twins. Chaz wanted to do that so badly!
*He says bed rest is definitely in my future, however, I still intend to be that one freak case and prove him wrong.
*I asked about breast pumps and he recommended Hollister over madela...
*I will be delivering via C-section at Winnie Palmer.
*I get to stop the retchid Progesterone next week.
*I get to stop Metformin around week 12.
*My doc has delivered triplets before. He said to expect at least 15 people in the delivery room.
*He switched me back to the Prima Care 1 new and improved pre natals.
*I'll go to the regular OB doc at least once a month, but also to the high risk cool doc over at Winnie Palmer.
*They gave me some huge goody bag when I left but it is in the car so I have no idea what is in it.
*I'll need to take out my belly ring. :( Nuts.
*No hot tub. Oh well- it is 90 degrees outside anyways.
*Next month we discuss when I will have to stop dog walking :o
*Winnie Palmer will call me today to figure out when I go in for that sonogram

The doc was very blunt and straight to the point. I enjoyed that. He answered all my questions, didn't sugar coat anything. It takes me 4 minutes to get to his office. Definitely sticking with him.
I am now beginning to digest the idea that I MIGHT be put on bed rest. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE to sit still for more than two minutes! I guess I can cross stitch something cool in that scenario.

The funny part of the visit was in the actual room. At my last doc office, the chair for the husband to sit on was always by my head/ kind of behind me. At this place, they had it set up so he is in direct view of 'my stuff.' So when it was time to get undressed, Chaz decided to wait outside for the doc to be done. Seriously- if you were a hockey player it was like being lined up with the goalie. The doc just moved into this new ginormous suite so when I told him that, he said that is probably why all of the men have been leaving the room! When Chaz left the room, I was still getting undressed and the doc thought that meant I was done so he walked in and well, lets just say he got to see a full moon. And thats my story.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of good info. And, considering what type of doc he is, I wouldn't worry about the full moon!! :)NP

2:14 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Sounds very similar to the schedule I followed with my boys. OB once per month in the beginning along with high-risk doc for ultrasounds and cervix checks once a month. They also were just hoping to get me to 34 weeks, but that was so I wouldn't have to deliver at the Palmer hospital, which is the highest level NICU in the area. I do believe bedrest towards the end of triplet pregnancies is standard protocol for most doctors' practices; it's standard for twins in a lot of practices, too. Probably sometime between 28-30 weeks. I'm so happy everything is going smoothly thus far; take care of yourself before anyone else;>

4:24 PM  
Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Craziness!

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say about all of it, I just digest it and keep reading. I'm super happy for you but WOW that's a lot going on. I know you love it though so YAY!

About the full moon, honey at this point in the game I don't think there is any more modesty in your future!! Enjoy it!! haaa

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home