Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just a hello

So we are finally starting to show. It was as if it happened over night. Very entertaining. At the moment, I am a bit annoyed with Winnie Palmer b/c their scheduling department has had 7 days to call me to schedule my next ultrasound and they haven't yet (despite me reminding them). Grrrr.

Looks like the baby shower date will be August 2 (Saturday). The weekend before that is the closing ceremony for my summer camp so scratch that date and the weekend after that didn't work so the 2nd looks fabulous. Watch for the Evites and snail mails to go out later this summer :)


Registering has been interesting. We registered for the basics. We get conflicting recommendations on breast pumps (I will wait till June 3rd when I go to the Great Orlando Moms of Multiples meeting to get the answers!). I also wanted to hear what Winnie Palmer recommends...that is- if I ever get in there! Those baby Bjorns are everywhere, but no store carries a double one so we will get that on line. We did buy the baby monitor. Oh- lets talk about man bags (diaper bags). Granted, the stores carry a bunch, but they suck. There is no way to fit diapers and bottles for three babies into one of those normal diaper bags. So we found some cool ones online for Chaz that we will get. The cosleeper is also a bear- Chaz has this one in mind but we have a hard time finding it. The wall of it goes down so they are right next to you by the bed, and the floor also collapses so it goes from a sleeper to a play pen. That one is all Chaz. I think he is looking at the mini ones and a regular one. Not sure.

I am looking forward to going to my first GOMOTT meeting. I wish they had one for men or a co-ed one. The ladies there have already called me. One talked for an hour straight. She was cool till she said "oh I have a triplet mom friend who went on bed rest at 14 weeks." Why would you even say that to m

This weekend we will be putting up crown molding in the babies room w/ Chaz folks. Okay, really by 'we' I mean them while I watch......man that is hard to get used to!

Looks like we will plan to start Fl Pre-paid in Jan.
All is well though. Just wanted to check in.

4 Comments:

Blogger ugottalovemonie said...

Wow! Exciting things. I'm glad you found a moms group for moms of multiples--I'm sure you'll get some great advice from them. I will put August 2nd on my calendar. Yay!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

We have already planned Caitlin's Birthday Party for August 2nd! Bummer! Have fun!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I was just going o recommed you look into the Mai Teis versus Baby Bjorn. I had a Bjorn and hated it (only used it twice) - it was hard to get on and off and was too small to last very long.

My girlfriend is huge into baby wearing and if you check her out/email her, she can give good advice about what styles/brands are good to get. Her carriers all come from someplace that you can pick fabrics and specifics, so it's all customer and for a very decent price (she's a SAHM).

Check her out at http://www.stopdropandblog.com

I believe she has links there. She's also on my flickr friends list as firemom - I believe she has a whole section of pics there.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catching up with you and your story is so cool. LOL you can fit three car seats into your car! I feel that, I wasn't about to get the minivan either, cuz I love my ride. But I learned a lot about car seats, so here goes my story!

You'll probably feel OK lifting a newborn into the center of the back seat (after your c-section heals). But once that baby hits oh, 10 LB (the car seat BTW weighs 8LB at least), it's gonna kill your back. Serious. Even weightlifting champs lift straight up, not out OVER towards the center!! I even tried stepping into the car with one foot but that hardly helped my back.

Ok, so *why* did I put a car seat in the center of the car? Car seats are BIG. Tall drivers hardly squish in after leaving room for a car seat behind the driver. But we had twins! So we put one car seat in the middle & one behind the passenger seat. (Sorry, passengers). So that worked for driving, but broke the back.

Is a minivan the answer? Turns out minivans are not "all that" either! Minivans sit higher than sedans. You gotta lift the baby UP and into the vehicle. Another negative, the baby's seat is so far behind the front seats that the passenger/driver *has* to get up to replace the paci etc. In a sedan you can just reach over for that.

On the PLUS side of a minivan is the 3rd row seat. If you're on the road with babies it's ultra convenient to stop to breastfeed or change a diaper. And you *can't* beat the cargo room for the triple stroller and diapers and bottles and change of clothes and ... and ... and ...!!!!!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home