Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The 'birthing transition plan' meeting with the boss man

So today I had the meeting I have been dreading- The 'birthing transition plan' meeting with the boss man. I do not know one other person on this campus who has had triplets so I felt like I was going in blind. No worries right- the Internet has all the answers. So I did some searches and everything online was such crap (i.e. tell your boss when you expect to leave and for how long...zzzzz so generic). I was hoping to find fabulous check lists and charts to discuss (regarding triplet pregnancies) but apparently those do not exist.

So, I made a lovely "Jill's Transition Plan" and included the stats comparing singleton, twins, triplets, etc; the avg pregnancy lengths; avg time for bed rests for all 3; facts about what to expect so they weren't taken off guard later (such as the NICU); I had future budget stuff done; and the plans for the 15 things that fall under my office. The meeting went lovely. I guess they didn't expect me to bring in facts or an already done transition plan. They asked when I want to work from home (not till I have to- I am more inclined to want to do things around the house and yard if I am there (nesting syndrome x 3), if I am at work, I stay out of trouble- they would all yell at me if I attempt to do something other than sit really!). They were soooo accomodating. The staff here are like extended family really. Most of them were there for my job interview, my 1st house, when we got Tiger, the engagement, the wedding, the doctoral degree, the 2nd house, and now all of the kids. The 'big' milestones. Plus one of my coworkers' wife works in the NICU where I will be delivering. Such a fabulous deal. They also said I can bring the babies in!

Why I dreaded that meeting I do not know. That was silly. I think they also take comfort knowing if anything hits the fan, I am 4 minutes away from the office. So that is the scoop. I have one last thank you card to send off from the shower and I am done.

1 Comments:

Blogger ugottalovemonie said...

Your planner side turns me on! =) lol I'm glad the meeting went well and that your work is sooo supportive!
-Simone

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home