Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

updates galore

So much to blog about!

Marvelous Multiples Parenting Class:
We signed up for the much talked about Marvelous Multiples parenting class. It is 4 Fridays in a row from like 6:30 to 9. I was told that this was THE class to be in so I signed up right away. I was so certain it would be a large class- like 25 other couples, and I would get to meet so many triplet couples. Well we all know what happens when one assumes! It was us and ONE other couple who are expecting twins. Oh well. At least it is a lot of one on one time! The first class was mostly about nutrition, symptoms, the body, etc. We did belly rubs at the end of the class in soft lighting and nice music. The other couple isn't married yet, they are in the process of moving, she just quit her job as a vet opthomologist asst (you interact with weird chemicals a lot) and they don't have benefits or insurance. Ouch. Very nice couple though.

Moms of Multiples Club meeting:
Three months ago I went to my first moms of multiples club meeting. It was pretty far but I met a really cool person there named Nicole. She has BBG triplets and a dog, is also in higher ed, looks like she could be related to me, and has a very similar personality to me. She rocks. Last months meeting was raining cats and dogs so I didn't make the drive. So let me tell you about yesterdays meeting. I am torn.
It took me an HOUR to get there. I brought the GPS but there was so much construction there that all the roads it told me to take - they were GONE! No sign, no road- just gone as of this week. So then I get to the hospital area and it is like a mini city of hospitals with no numbers on any of the buildings. Are you kidding me. Keep in mind my feet are swollen so I am eyeing the valet only to realize I just spent all my cash at babies-R-us. I saw no ATM around so I went to a garage. With the construction, I had no idea where to go so I turned in to a garage that I think was for physicians. Then I worried about what if it is one of those garages where you need a key card to get out! Then it seems like a mile walk from the garage to the hospital, next to train tracks mind you. So not cool. I also had a room name but not a number. So I ask the front desk person and she says it is a basement. Now call me crazy- but most places in FL don't have a basement unless it is by the morgue. Delightful. I stayed at the meeting for an hour but then it took me like 45 minutes to get home. I was spent- traveling by myself in construction w/ no GPS after a full day of work is so not my thing.
There were about 54 ladies at the meeting. I met another triplet mom of all girl trips and one expecting twins. I was talking with triplet mom Nicole and she said how she is working and that really helps keep her sane (wish my Dad was there to hear her say that!). At the meeting they went over everything that was in the agenda. Then one mom who delivered triplets like 2 or 3 weeks ago made an announcement about how one of her triplets died after 4 days (he was a little over a pound). Holy cow- I drove an hour to hear that- now that is stuck in my mind. So I am torn. I meet some really cool people there but the amount of drive time and stress make me not want to go to the meetings. I could drive to Ft. Lauderdale in that amount of time!I am just soooo glad I met Nicole there- she made all of it worthwhile. Speaking of her, she has offered us a triplet stroller :o and we get to go to her house this Saturday and see her and the kids in action! I am thrilled!

BABY SHOWER:
This past Saturday we had the baby shower. Holy cow were we blessed. You should check out my Flickr account to see all of the great stuff. We have all 3 of the Graco car seats, the double and single stroller, all 3 bedding sets, 5 years worth of clothes and toys from my sis and Ben, enough gift cards where I was able to get the mack daddy double Medela breast pump. Geeez. It was such a lovely shower. Nicole P. made this beautiful diaper cake and my sis made these 3 peas in a pod candies and triplets lolipops and put the triplets sign outside. It was all just really cool. I'll let you see via pics.

PREGNANCY NEWS:
My next appt is on Tuesday but so far so good. I hate drinking water but everyone says drink tons of water so I do now and I retain it all in my feet. I'll post a gross pic of that soon. The weight is also coming on nicely now- I want to make sure I have 3 chunky monkies so me and McDonalds have become BFFs.
I believe Mel & Lori are about 7 weeks behind us with their pregnancy and now Mike & Lynn are about 2 months or so behind us. Pretty cool. More soon- I have to run to my 'transition meeting" with my boss.

1 Comments:

Blogger ugottalovemonie said...

1. That sucks about the meeting. I wonder if there are enough M.O.M.'s on this side of town to create a East Orlando branch.

2. The shower was awesome and I'm so glad I could attend. Thanks for the invite, and you know I'm always here.

3. Its crazy to think Lori is only 7 weeks behind you when you compare sizes! And I had no idea that Lynn was preggo! Thats awesome. You guys can really start a soccer team now!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home