Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The best insults!?!?

I survived our big orientation at work. It requires a lot of standing which apparently really knocks a person out at the end of the day. I even forgot to set my alarm last night- I slept on both of my arms and woke up to tingly arms- that makes it impossible to get out of bed.
While at orientation- I was getting the best insults thrown at me. I would sit down with families and answer all of their questions. Then I would get that classic stare- then the inquisitive "How old are you?" My favorite though was the odd stare followed by "Were you in an accelerated doctoral program?" Do I look younger than 25?!?! (I'm not complaining!). I wore a suit. I didn't have in a pony tail.....

I also enjoy the classic "what is your major?" question that I kept getting. Oh those crazy parents! There are worse problems to have- this one is amusing at least.
So then I had a crazy run in with the family. The storyline goes like this:

THEM: Did we hear that you are from Miami?
ME: Yes, North Miami.
THEM: Oh? We are from North Miami.
ME? OH? What street?
THEM: Oh?! 148th
ME: Oh? I was 147th.
THEM: What ave? We were on 11th.
ME? Oh? ! I was on 10th.

So of the 430 parents- I meet the ones that live behind my parents house. How weird is that!?! They have since moved to Ft. Lauderdale but still- WEIRD!

In other news- with summer right around the corner (July heat)- we decided to take preventative measures and get our AC unit cleaned. Holy cow- they pulled so much black funk out. Best $88.88 we spent. With hurricane season here, we want to take preventative measures with the trees. So we met a company at the house today to price how much it would cost to get all the palm fronds off the trees so they don't land on the cars or the pool screen (and would be prettier). It's $55 a tree. We have EIGHT trees. EEEiiiiiiiieeeee. We are going to half to call around. that was steep. Chuckstar doesn't want his 'egg holder' climbing up the trees to do it herself (I'd do all of them except the 40 footer....). Anyone have recommendations for tree companies?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just a few suggestions on tree companies - Valley Crest, Larsen Landscape and Tree Company, Branch Management - my community has ties with each of these companies and they have always been good.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But, this is the first year that you got the "excelerated doctoral program" question.

That one, and some of the others, are flattering.

Live it up! Those childhood looks don't last forever! :)

3:51 PM  
Blogger KickYourHaas said...

I'm with skyqueen...go down to the Keys and do a skydive before you are prego!

And skyqeen, you can come stay with me during "evactuation days"...I've got concrete construction in my new place.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Dr.Jeeeol said...

Geeez- everytime I try to post today it crashes....

When my siblings went skydiving- it made my momma cry. I am not gonna make my momma cry!

Plus gravity and I... we are not friends.

According to Chuckstar, I am the egg holder. I don't want to give him scrambled eggs now!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home