Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Here is where the story begins!


IMG_8754
Originally uploaded by drjeeeol.
Look closely at this picture. If you see on the back of the door, I have all of the graduation tickets taped to it at eye level, along with the reader card that tells the speaker how to pronounce the graduates name.

Back to the story.

So me, the graduate, and both sets of parents head to campus for commencement. Keep in mind there is mad amounts of construction going on at that side of campus- especially with the building of the new ginormous commencement building. So we park in BFE, which is a little south of Timbukto and never never land. It is so far that they for once have a shuttle service :) We hop on the bus that takes the looong way around campus to the BACK of the arena. As we get off the bus, I ask the hubby if he has the tickets. He doesn't. Neither do I.
Holy Schnikes! Are you kidding me. Keep in mind, he walks in TWENTY minutes.
So out of the SIX of us, none of us grabbed the tickets that were at eye level!!!
So me and my Dad-in-law hop on the painfully slow bus, haul butt to the Mountaineer, and I just floored it to the house- in four minutes (including missing that one light). It also took 4 minutes to get back. Yeah for all the cops being at work on campus b/c it is a miracle I did not get pulled over! So then I have to park my car. Are you kidding me. I have a faculty decal so that helps. I saw the Wayne Densch Sports Center and parked behind that. The Dad & I then hightailed it through various construction zones and gates probably breaking numerous laws. BUT- we made it.
:)

As we go in (keep in mind, I had a tight velvet shirt on over my favorite lesbian rainbow tank top so I had to take that off, so I am running 1/2 naked and sweaty now)- it was so bright outside and inside was so dark- my eyes wouldnt adjust. So of course my parents went one way and his went the other- and by pushing the time you know we are going to get crap seats. So I see that tempting first row- you know I gotta get a pic- and by the way- I still haven't put my shirt back on!). So the security guards won't let anyone down into the coveted first section. They are yelling at people sending them back. Here I come, a sweaty, angry lesbian shirt wearing chick wielding a giant camera. So I work my way past them shouting "It's all right, I am a UCF photographer, I have to get this shot" and they let me by. Hot dog. I got front row (behind the wheelchairs. Oh wait- it gets better. So I took a reserved seat and it was within talking distance to where hubby & Lynn were seated! Sweeeet!

So that is our crazy story.
We spent the weekend w/ both sets of parents and 4 dogs.
Enjoy the pics!

1 Comments:

Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Wow, they are right there, aren't they? That is definitely something I'd do, too, though. Good job getting it rectified without a hitch;>

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home