Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Monument de Fries

Okay art people- you gotta explain this one to me.

Outside of my building on the main drive into work, they added an art sculpture.
I call it "McDonalds fries."

Let me describe it to you. Take long beams of scrap metal, paint them yellow, then hurdle them into a pile and leave them however they land.

Of course, now it can't be mowed underneath it so you have scrappy looking weeds crawling out through the gaps.

How is that artistic? I think it is crap. Plus with it being hurricane season- I will be PO'd if a giant metal french frie slams through my car.
Why couldn't they go w/ a simple pegasus or Knightro monument? Something with spirit? Well, at least it is yellow....What about a fountain for birds to splash in?
I just don't get it.

6 Comments:

Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Hey...we had something similar to those up at UF...now UCF seems to have something similar (though I haven't seen the one you're talking about yet).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Dsg_UF_French_Fries_Sculpture_Shadows_20050507.jpg

5:59 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Man, I was going to mention the same sculpture. Hopefully UCF got a discount if it's the same as all these others:

French Fry Sculptures

8:47 PM  
Blogger GA girl said...

I want a pic posted NOW!!!!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Dr.Jeeeol said...

It looks exactly like this one: http://flickr.com/photos/tags/frenchfrysculpture/

1:08 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

That thing is just plain ol' fugly. Sorry they've ruined part of the pretty campus with such a monstrosity.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home