Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Day of dilemas

So 3 odd dilemas today.

1. Some of my TAs well.....they suck. The sticky part of the situation? I am stuck. I don't have anyone to replace them with so I can't fire them. It is a rocking job. Why is it sooo hard to find good TAs in that department? Granted- you should have seen the worst ones that obviously didn't get hired. I could write a book on ridiculous interviews gone awry.

2. There is a student who sent me an email telling me how beautiful I looked today. That's a bit odd. Really smart kid- a little socially challenged but I have known him for years. He knows I am married and he would have no intentions of pursuing me. He is harmless. Do you just say thank you and move on? What is one supposed to do in this situation? His sister then came up to me and said the same thing.....

3. One of my summer camp gangster females ran out of money. She is only able to attend this program b/c it was free to her. So her mom who also has the same bank as me asked if I would do a wire transfer of some sort. Sh drove an hour to her bank (they live in a real rural area) and had the bank manager call me. He needed my routing number. The dilema? I don't want this girl to starve! But I am not cool with giving my routing number out to people. So I grilled the guy to make sure he was with the bank. After 20 questions I confirmed he was legit. But still! What a freaking tough dilema.

Yesterday I decided I had to make 2 students switch rooms. That was a first. They did it and they all seem happier now. I have one girl who so doesn't want to be here but her parents made her so she doesn't talk to anyone. High schoolers are so full of drama. And of course one boy like a girl who likes a different boy and so on and so on. Two of the students got dumped b/c they left their significant others behind for 3 weeks. There is a cheesy war between the boy RA and girl RA with the kids helping- they are posting pictures of each other with mustaches and all sorts of stuff like pasteing ones head on the body of King Kong and also on gangsters with signs that read the girl RA shot TuPak Shakur (sp?). It's funny and is keeping them out of trouble. My program asst is not riding the bus back with us on this Saturdays field trip so I am going to tell the students that she is late and that we are leaving without her! Hee hee. I am so going to hell! It is also interesting how the male RA has bonded with every single student and the female one has not bonded with a single one...
I am getting barraded with parent calls- very needy group of parents this year. I am stressing out b/c the guy I make the video with each year is leaving town next Wednesday so instead of having a week to make the video (I would prefer 3 weeks!)- I have a day to shoot it and a day to make it wonderful. Crap!
As for my TAs, I have one who is missing a middle finger and likes to show it but its like getting the bird but not really....I have one who believes that he lives in a secret underground lair (in FLORIDA), one with thick , long gorgeous hair that any girl would envy to have but he loves to out talk everyone, one who thinks drinking is sooo cool and he is the oldest....., one who likes to wear sunglasses, indoors- but he is actually super cool. I do have one girl and she is cool. The instructor is super cool (except when he wears a UF shirt.....when we are trying to recruit these students!)- he is actually rather brilliant & an all around cool guy. Talk about a diverse group of personalities. It is an amazing learning experience though and I love it. It is just nice to vent a little. Its frustrating when I think things are common sense and other people don't. That part is hard. Next year will be interesting b/c hopefully by then I will either be pregnant or have a newborn...not sure how that is going to get juggled in but we will see. As long as I can get a great staff, all will be well.

In other news, my man is all about getting season tix to the football games. Where the heck did that come from? He didnt want to go when it was free?!!?!?

Tomorrow is going to be jam packed busy. Next week is the last week of my camp and I cannot even describe all the madness that goes along with that...Saturday is a field trip to IOA/Universal.
That's it for the update. I am going to go watch me some Charmed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Well, here's my 2 cents.

1. Stick it out with the TAs you have unless they do something totally awful and then you have to let them go to set an example.

2. Let it go if it's just 1 comment. If it turns into a habit or he starts to get creepy, put an end to it.

3. Don't give your routing ID to anyone. Tell her Western Union is fine but you can't give personal information like that to the parent of a kid you just met a week ago. If she's reasonable, she should understand. In the mean time, help the kid out with finding cheep alternatives (good preparation for cheep college living).

9:27 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I'd just say a simple thanks for the student's compliment. As for the bank wire transfer...hasn't she heard of western union or money gram? Those are much safer alternatives for you.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home