Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Gripe time

I have a work gripe today.
So we have one conference room that I use all of the time to cultivate prospective donors, host all my student org functions in, have our staff meetings in, etc. Certain staff members have been junktifying (cool word, huh!?) it as if it were a storage unit. Not that they would actually go out and bring their own items to the storage unit that we have. So last week, me and the guys spent an entire day giving the conference room a face lift. This was hard work with lots of heavy boxes, moving cabinets, tables, etc. It looked fabulous.
Back to the story. So months in advance my student org & I scheduled the conference room for the student org meetings. The 1st mtg of the semester is always large so I contacted the professor in the room next door to the conference room & asked her if she would mind if I moved her to an empty room down the hall so we wouldn't disturb her class. We advertised for this 1st meeting, ordered the food- all the right steps.
Then the DAY OF the meeting- our bldg scheduler comes in and tells me we can't have our meeting in there tonight. EXCUSE ME? She then goes on to tell me how JA needs it. That JA gets priority over our student organization. Are you freakin kiddin me?! Oh wait- it is not even a JA meeting- it is the 500 boxes for JA. Keep in mind, the money collected from our student org goes to pay for some items for JA and now I am being told their boxes are more important than our students! Oh hell no! So first I walk it off so I don't spew profanities to my Dean. I go to see how the conference room looks. You have got to be kidding me- all of the tables and 40 some odd chairs were just pushed to the side and the room looks like absolute crap again after all of that work.
So I tell my program asst that I need her to go in to see my Dean with me (if she is there I will watch what I say so I don't look like a raving lunatic). We walk in- I tell him we need to talk and just shut the door. His 1st reaction was "Uh-oh- closed door meeting- something has hit the fan." So I told him the story- how we fixed the conference room, did the room reservation months in advance, moved a class, advertised, ordered food, etc- all the right steps only to be told this crap. So then he calls in the scheduler. he basically tells her how we are right and she is wrong and the room is ours. How ridiculous is that?!?!?
It is interesting how when I use to come to work, it was like coming to visit family. Now due to two individuals, it feels like I am just coming to work.

1 Comments:

Blogger KickYourHaas said...

While I appreciate your delema...and I side with you...careful what you blog about when you talk about work...it's one of the number one no-no's.

Oh, and welcome to the "work-feels-like-work" club...I've been introduced to it in the last several months with this promotion fighting I had to go through.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home