Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Room plans

Tonight we worked on room plan schematics. Now that is cool. And after much research and discussions with moms of multiples, looks like THREE cribs as opposed to one or two is the way to go. So far we are loving the site that Kathy sent us: http://www.crib4life.com/products.html We are looking at white furniture.

Chaz also did a bunch of room layout designs using Visio. I like the one on the right best. Even better news- our plan fits into the room!
Nursery layout ideas

Chaz Dad said he would come up and help us install crown molding in the room. Sweet!

So far what I am learning is how stupid educated people can be. It is amazing what people will say. I should start a collection and publish a book on it and call it What Educated Stupid People Say About Pregnancy. It ranges from dead babies to life being over. Isn't that a brilliantly smart topic.!?! Anywho, it just helps me realize why my parents never like to answer the door!

So far I am feeling fine. My main concern is how a triplet preg usually is 32-25 weeks as opposed to 40. It is like the accelerated plan! I am concerned about being put on bed rest early (b/c everyone knows that would suck for me).....but most of the new moms of multiples I have met all were fine throughout. So just in case...I am on the expedited preperation plan. Just in case I get bed rest at 5 months, I want to start getting everything done...well, now :) But then again- that is how I roll. If you are not early, you are late- and that goes for planning too! So sometime after Vegas we will pick out furniture. We will prob register in late May or June. July & August are my busy times, and then we will prob do a baby shower in September, since October/November is the main chance for bed rest. That's the update.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

I love how organized you are! I think no one could be as prepared as you for life with triplets!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting!!! Is it sad that I find the whole organization and planning part the most fun part about being pregnant? lol!
-Simone

3:09 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Charles should look at Google SketchUp for creating room mock-ups. http://sketchup.google.com/download/ You can lay things out and then rotate it in 3D. Come on, you knew I had to get my geek on :)

By the way, I second Kathy's comments on Crib for Life. It's top-quality stuff with a lot of thought put into the design.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home