Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Friday, May 09, 2008

The vet experience

It was time for our annual vet appy yesterday. Chaz is banking up his sick and annual leave so I went by myself. My vet rocks. He loves, loves, loves my dogs (okay, tiger more but it is rare fr Monk to like a stranger and he even gave this doc a kiss). I am glad Chaz didn't go b/c he would have been mortified w/ me. I told the doc straight up that we are having triplets so we need to keep this appt well....'financially sound as possible.' I had to get heartworm pills for a year for TWO large dogs. Cha ching. They have regular kind and some fancy kind w/ flea preventative. In 9 years I have never had a flea problem w/ Monk so I went with the other. That saved some money. They they also broke everything down in price before they did anything. Score. They told me that it was time for their wellness tests. So I flat out asked- hey if one dog has a disease, chances are, the other one does too, right? So can't you just test one? And they said absolutely. I was floored. So that save money. They gave Monkee some ear meds for free.
Let me tell you- Tiger is like a movie star at this vet. EVERY staff member comes to see him and do high fives & get kisses (all while smart Monkee is knocking at the door in hopes that someone will open it up so he can high tail it out of there). Tiger loved the 3 shots he got b/c of the attention. He even pushed Monkee out of the way and offered to take his shots for him to get more attention. When they took him in the back, they said he rolled over & let them trim all his nails and whatever else they wanted to do. They said they have never seen a dog sweeter than Tiger.
IMG_2488



Oh- then we did the weigh ins. Last year Tiger weighed 87.9 pounds and this year he weighed 67.7 pounds. The automatic dog feeder in combination with the vegetarian allergy dog food did the trick. They said he looks great. Monkee weighs 47.7 pounds. He gained a pound over the year.

IMG_2486


But then get this- in the waiting room they had a video playing showing the Furminator (apparently the amazing dog brush of all brushes) and my vet gave it to me for free as a baby shower present! They also helped me carry stuff to the car (they even came out to help when I arrived). I So that was a fabulous vet experience, despite the $532.71 bill........(about 200 of which was heartworm pills). OUCH!
IMG_2492

3 Comments:

Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Sheesh...you saved money and the bill was still over $500? WOW!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Dr.Jeeeol said...

Otherwise the bill would have been 7 or 800! I KNOW! That is why we only go once a year if possible. At least I got a free Ferminator out of the deal- that made me feel better!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great negotiating! But whoa, that vet bill. You might need to put craigslist to work again! Hmm, do ya think maybe you never had a flea problem *because* the expen$ive pill had a flea preventative in it?! Hey so what if you try it and it doesn't work, except that you are pgx3! Speaking from personal hellish experience, at the first sign of anything that remotely might be a flea, hold nothing back from your arsenal!! You want every freakish pupal-stage biting insect GONE before the babies arrive! Oh, did I mention, CONGRATS!!!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home