Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

So ready for the weekend

Sorry to be slackin on the blog end.
Work is crazy right now. This is my last Thursday w/ Emily. The whole thing just puts me in a funk.

I have 34 sererate work events that I am overseeing right now (and that includes the planning, organizing, advertising, tracking, execution, follow up, etc). Holy smokes. And that is just the events part. I started to crack and both the dean and asst dean came in and were both so willing to do whatever it takes to help. How cool is that :) My boss even told me to take a 1/2 day tomorrow. Feb is one of the busiest times and to be losing Emily right now is a killer :( I'll be interviewing for both BHCSI TAs, RAs, etc but also for her position at the same time. EEEEiiieee. It closes today at 5. Last I checked yesterday we had 1/3rd males apply. I also have a new student asst named Austin. He is fantastic.

Oh- I got selected to be a judge for the Who's Who thing on campus. Sweeet! I eat that stuff up.

Chaz is doin well. We drove out to Mt Dora (an hour drive) to look at the exact GMC Acadia we wanted. This was so far out in the boonies that it had bear crossing signs on the non lit roads. They wouldn't give us an acceptable deal so no car for us.

Chaz also got to take out his new asst to lunch this week- what a smart move that was. He starts tomorrow and is pretty psyched. Right now he is at his work farewell lunch and FORTY people showed up. Holy cow. That is hot.

I found out some bad medical news on my end but I am not ready to talk about it.

I have been doing great at going to the gym for lunch. It is a social hub over there for all IT guys. Weird, huh!

My class stinks. What did I get myself into!?! Apparently it is a mostly anthropology based class which I never took one ever before. I am also trying to get by without buying the texts. I know- I'm cheap, but every other time I bought the books I never ended up needing them. I got to class & we were split into groups and I had to go across campus to my site w/ my group and do an ethnographic observation research thing on an unsuspecting population. Granted its cool- but it is all qualititative data and that really doesnt hold its own in the research world so I would probably never use this after the class. It is a ton of work in this class which stinks. I gotta catch up on my other one.

So tonight we are going to SAK Comedy Club. Chaz will get 'roasted' and I will see if I can get the video onto my FLICKR acct (Abi- I'll be callin 4 tech support since you have posted video b4). We have somewhere between 20-33 people going. Not sure what the plan after work is yet today b/c it is Chaz last day so I need to wait and see if he needs to stay late or what.

We are looking at maybe doing a cruise in March (& a possible conference in CA). Bens bday party is on March 24th so you know I cant miss that! Speaking of Ben- he slept through most of the monster truck show! I guess the soothing sound of maximum destruction helps him sleep.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

You should have called us when you came out to Mount Dora - you were 15 minutes from our house!!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I hope that medical news you don't want to talk about (you keep doing that mentioning of stuff you don't want to elaborate on...very tricky;>) isn't too terrible or is fixable or whatever so it isn't bad news anymore.

Good luck with all the interviews.

I didn't think Flckr offered video posting. You might have to sign up for DropShots or YouTube or some other one like that...maybe not since I haven't really checked out all of Flickr yet.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home