Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

What a Week

Well first of, our beloved Barney dog had to be put to sleep. He was 15 which equates to 105 in human years. That had to be so hard for my folks. Toonces their cat (I believe was 14) died last month which I think was the catalyst for Barney's demise. Poor Mao kitty- he is freaking out and also not doing so well. They might lose all of their pets in one semester. That is pretty harsh.

No luck on the kids thing for us. We did the three tries which was my limit so we decided we will put it off for a 1/2 year or a year then revisit it again. We are just tired of dealing with it and what to take a siesta from it. I am just so over constantly being asked about it.
In work news, I have a workshop I am doing today for the Advising Office. It's all about finding cool things to do in the Orlando area. Not only is it booked, but it is over booked. So I am excited about that.

Last night we had our 2nd horror film series of the month. I am loving it. Last week was The Birds and yesterday was the original 1956 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Next week is Carrie and the final one is Halloween.
Homecoming prep is well underway. I am trying to select future Professional Achievement Award winners from our alumni to be honored for next years black n gold gala.
Next weeks luncheon include a congressman and a CEO of a company who starts up small businesses.

For my class, I gave out the first exam yesterday. It is so weird being on the other end. And so boring. I am kicking myself for not bringing a laptop to play solitaire on. You just stare them all down for an hour. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Lots of grading and prep to do this weekend. Blah. Oh- and I am getting hosed for this class. They don't cut me a check (as punie as it is anyways)- it goes to my department. WHAT!?!?!? So in order to use it, I will go 'recruit' maybe to a high school in Key West (it is one of the 33 rural areas in FL which is part of my grant) and get work to pay for my travel down there for a few days. Sounds like a plan to me.

This Saturday Nicole is taking us to the Sleuth dinner mystery place for my bday (a month early).
That is all the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home