Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pondering thought

So I got to thinking about genetics. Here's where I am going with this. I have two siblings. My sister is about 7 years older and my brother is 10 years older. Here are my ponderings....
We never fought. I can't recall any arguments with them. Ever.
They always shared. For instance, those fabulous bags of Reeses peanut butter cups, they would sit there and count them to make sure they were divided evenly.
They have never missed any family traditional events or news.
They are always there for you.
They rock.

So here is my question. What caused this?
1.) Is it simply genetic programming?
2.) Was it environment (I doubt this b/c they grew up in sweet happy Iowa while I grew up in the hood so scratch that one)
3.) We obviously know it wasn't the school system b/c schools in dade county should all be shut down b/c it produces a graduating class of about 97% convicts.....
4.) Was it simply our parents? However, we had them at very different stages in their life (for instance- they at one point were able to say they had a kid who was in their 20s, 30s and 40s all at the same time).
5.) I guess we can conclude it was a mix of a variety of things. None the less- it is still fascinating.

Here is a prime example of my brothers coolness. He drove up from WPB, and took an additional hour drive in search of Krispy Kreme donuts to bring to me b/c my sister mentioned that I wanted one while they visited over the weekend.
IMG_2519

Example two is how my sister drove all the way up here just to help us register.
IMG_2497

Example 3 is how my folks drove all the way while we were in Vegas just to babysit my dogs and stock my fridge up with Ensure for the babies.

So there you have it. My family rocks.
I am rambling and off to bed!

2 Comments:

Blogger KickYourHaas said...

Don't know...my family puts the "fun" in Dysfunctional.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family makes me want to join the clan! I love them! You're kids will be the same, I just know it.!!

Hugs

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home