Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Monday, February 12, 2007

The Interviews

I finished the last of the ten interviews today. Phew. That was a whirlwind! There were 4 that I was really sold on but I narrowed it down to 3. I will have those 3 meet w/ the Dean over the next 3 days and hopefully have a decision made by Friday.

Of those that did not make it- here are some highlights:

Me: So tell me why you want this position.

Candidate: (Insert a long awkward minute of candidate looking around) Wow, no one has ever asked me that before. (Insert two awkward minutes of me still waiting for an answer and looking around to see if my IT guys are pullin my chain on this one and have a hidden camera somewhere...).
(Final answer:) Um, it is interesting.

Me: If I were to ask your bestfriend to tell me what your two greatest strengths and two greatest weaknesses are, what would he or she say?

Candidate: (Insert 3 minutes of awkwardness).

ME:(Insert me realizing- crap, maybe candidate doesnt have any friends and I just insulted the person....so I interject with "or what would your grandma say?"

Candidate: Oh! My grandma would say I am really organized. (Long pause)
Oh- unless you come to my house b/c I am really unorganized.

That one was the highlight! That was the worst of the worst.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

oh my. How do you do it and keep a straight face?

9:20 AM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

You would think someone would be able to come up with a decent answer for why they want the job...sheesh;>

And, did that last one even give more answers?? Completely unnecessary after the one given, though.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home