Dr. Jeeeol

It is the start of a new chapter. Me, my husband, and our two boys want some babies!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I am addicted to school and don't know how to stop going (It's free). I am sooo ready to start a family with my husband and am counting down the days till it happens.I currently have two boys (age 7 and 4)who dance in backwards circles at the site of a leash.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Super quick update

Time to take 2 minutes to myself.
So the pics of roses I sent were of the fundraiser that my student org did for Vday - all the proceeds go to the Childrens Miracle Network. Let me tell ya how nice it is to have an office full of hundreds of roses as opposed to thousands of stinky cans.
Here is more on the madness at work.
Just sent out about 2000 alumni newsletters and of course people move a lot so we get a lot of address corrections....oh joy. I miss Emily.
My 10,000 bhcsi brochures arrived that all need to be stuffed and put in envelopes and sealed and labeled, etc. My student assts are hatin life right now! I work out a deal w/ another office to mail them out (postage)- unfortunately it is with the one guy on campus that I am uncomfortable working with. Oh joy!
My boss worked out a deal w/ one of the ambassadors where we (I) will be the collection point for donated books to go to needy Universities in the Caribbean. So HUNDREDS of heavy text books have been coming to my office. They have to be counted and boxed. No idea where to put them. So here is the funny part- this one dept sent over a ton of books in a giant box on a dolly, got here, and said they needed there box back right then and there., Are you freakin kiddin me?!?!? That was fun.
I had an interview skills luncheon workshop yesterday. As you know- I'm a do it yourselfer but I have been swamped so I asked for help from one of the other prog assts. Bless her heart- she was cutting open the soda cans from the box and I guess she has some hidden angerment issues and sorta STABBED two cans with the scissors so that the soda exploded all over her (you try to run screaming in this office with hundreds of books and roses and thousands of brochures and other items)!
Last night my student org did its annual Speed Dating Event (with masquerade masks). I didn't emcee it this year :) Everyone got a match. Cute
Today I had a luncheon with the Prez/CEO of Ruths Chris Steakhouse. He was super cool. He drives an amazing sporty Mercedes. He is also a UCF alum and won alumni of the year back in 01. Get this- he gave everyone there including me a $50 gift card to Ruth's Chris. Sweeeeet! That place is like $70 a person.
The prog asst interview process is pain staking. I narrowed it down to 3. I have the final 3 interviewing this week with the dean and hopefully will have a decision on Friday.
My bhcsi apps are due (for RA and TA positions) this Friday and I start interviewing for those positions next week...I miss Emily.
We also have been having the film series. Its a Renaissance theme...not really my thing- I prefer the horror films.
It is major scholarship time around here & I have been getting hit up for letters of rec all the time this month.
What else....oh- I thought it would be cool so I accepted an invite to be on the Who's Who at UCF Committee. Schnikes. I had NO idea how much work would be involved. It will probably take 2 hours just to print the applications that I have to read. Sigh, I miss Emily.
I got my grant for this year but I need to make some edits to that- when? I don't know. Prob the same time I need to write my annual report. So that is some of my work madness.
I just had the kids from the rose sale walk in to hand me an envelope stuffed with hundreds of dollars (mostly in ones) so I better go walk myself to the bank. Oh- they also had a giant blow up Valentine monkey to attract attention for the rose sale! Awww!
Oh- school is kickin my butt. I haven't done anything yet for my second class. I'm gonna have to take a day off just for that class. My other class is so not doing it for me. I hate ethnographic analysis stuff and the online postings and discussions. Blah.
Tiger still has his water regurgitation issue. But he is handsome so who cares.
Gettin ready for Nicole's baby shower this weekend. So far I think we have 32 or 34 peeps coming. Will be interesting getting them all into one area!
Chaz new job is really working out. :)
My Vday plans? I hate crowds so we will just go to the gym and maybe do dinner at the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home